Jackfruit Potpie Recipe
You can’t afford to miss this delicious wholesome fare
Ingredients:For the Filling:
- 1 pack of Wakao Raw Jackfruit
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, divided 1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g potatoes, diced into small chunks
- 150g carrots, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 40g plain flour
- 40g vegan butter
- Reserved almond milk from the cooked down mixture + excess to make up half a pint of liquid.
- 50g puff pastry
- 1 tsp vegan butter, melted
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, medium heat & add Wakao Raw Jackfruit
- Fry for 3-4 minutes till the onions are soft brown
- Add the garlic, bay leaves, rosemary and 2 cups of almond milk. Turn the heat down to low and cover
- Add the carrots, potatoes and peas. Turn the heat up to medium until the vegetables are softened. Discard the bay leaves and rosemary
- Remove the pan from the heat & scoop the vegetables & jackfruit into a large bowl. Strain the mixture through a sieve. Reserve the infused almond milk. If the reserved milk doesn’t make up 1/2 pint of liquid add extra almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 375f. Wipe the pan clean and heat the butter on a low heat. Once it’s all melted, stir in the flour
- Using a whisk, whisk the flour and butter together until it forms a paste
- Cook for another 2 minutes to cook off any raw flour taste
- Pour in half of the almond milk and allow the mixture to boil. After 2 minutes of boiling, reduce the heat to low and then whisk thoroughly until the roux starts to thicken
- Once all the lumps are gone add the other half of the almond milk. Whisk again thoroughly until smooth
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vegetables
- Pour the mixture into a deep bottomed casserole dish. Lightly flour a work surface and roll out the puff pastry into a thin disk, around 7 inches
- Lay the puff pastry over the dish and press down the sides with a fork
- Brush the top of the pastry with a bit of melted butter. Cut two little slits in the pastry
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown
Ingredients: Organic Tender Jackfruit, Purified water.
< 1.0 G
< 1.0 G
MAKE IT YOUR OWN
The versatile original jack can be used in your favourite dishes be it a stir fry, burger, taco or a curry! for more information click check our recipes.
Jackfruit BiryaniIngredients: Wakao Jackfruit 50gms - Onion 20gms - Ginger garlic Paste 5gms -...
Jackfruit KesariSpreading some sweetness of jack on your feeds this Baisakhi with this delectable...
Teriyaki Jack FrankieWondering what to do with the leftover chapati? Here is something amazing and...