Spreading some sweetness of jack on your feeds this Baisakhi with this delectable Jackfruit Kesari.
- Wakao Raw Jack
- 1.5 Cups – Sugar
- 3/4 Cups – Ghee
- 10 – Cashewnuts
- 1/2 Tsp – Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 Cup – Water
- In a deep thick bottomed kadai or saucepan , add one teaspoon ghee and shallow fry cashewnuts till light brown.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Grease a plate with sides or a cake tin.
- Add water to the sauce pan , boil. Add sugar to the boiling water and dissolve the sugar. Keep cooking in low heat till you get one string consistency.
- Add Wakao raw jackfruit. Add rest of the ghee and cook till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the vessel.
- Add cardamom powder , cashewnuts and saffron dissolved in a tablespoon of water to the mixture.
- Mix well. Once the mixture moves in one single mass ,transfer to a greased plate . Tap and let it settle.
- After it has cooled, cut into squares.
Serve hot or cold and relish when in season.
Ingredients: Organic Tender Jackfruit, Purified water.
< 1.0 G
< 1.0 G
MAKE IT YOUR OWN
The versatile original jack can be used in your favourite dishes be it a stir fry, burger, taco or a curry! for more information click check our recipes.
Jackfruit BiryaniIngredients: Wakao Jackfruit 50gms - Onion 20gms - Ginger garlic Paste 5gms -...
Jackfruit Potpie RecipeYou can’t afford to miss this delicious wholesome fareIngredients: For the...
Teriyaki Jack FrankieWondering what to do with the leftover chapati? Here is something amazing and...